The Messages feature serves as your users' "storehouse" for received push notifications. The Messages feature allows users to refer back to previous push notifications they may have missed at receiving time.
From within the Messages feature, users can view plain text, template, and linked push notifications' content. If you decide to enable the option, users can also subscribe to message lists to receive push notifications tailored to their interests.
This is integral to not only your app users seeing your push notifications but also knowing where your app updates are within the application.
It should also be noted that through the Messages feature, users can delete previously received push notifications from their device. These messages are stored "locally," on the device itself, so when they trash a message, that action only applies to their device.
Setup/Add the Messages Feature
1. Log in to the CMS Dashboard,
2. Log in to the app you wish to edit and navigate to Create -> Build and click ADD FEATURE.
3. Choose the Messages feature from the menu, then click SELECT.
4. Name your feature, then click ADD. Your new feature will now appear in the left-side menu.
5. Now you will be inside the feature menu.
Back to top
Having navigated to Build -> Create -> Messages -> Content menu you can perform the following customizations:
1. Under Screen Info, change your Screen/Feature Name or leave as-is. This is the name that will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g. "Updates" as opposed to "Messages"). Also select the feature icon of your preference.
2. Under Settings, choose if you will add a Homescreen shortcut for the users to access the Message Center. You can also choose to show only this shortcut. You also have the chance to select where this shortcut will be placed on the screen (Left Side of Screen or Right Side of Screen) on the homescreen.
3. Under Subscription Service, toggle on Message Center Subscription to create unique message lists. Users can subscribe to these lists to receive push notifications tailored to their interests. Click Add subscription and type the name of the subscription in the field below. Repeat this process for each subscription.
Note: For more information about Subsciptions, please refer to the Subscriptions KB article.
4. Click SAVE at the top right-hand corner when you're done.
If you wish to create a custom design for this feature instead of using the Global Design, you can do so here. If not, skip this section.
An example of what such a feature could look like is shown below: