In order to take full advantage of the Customers page, we recommend to enable and set up the Sign-up feature. This will encourage your users to create customer accounts, and effectively put a face and a name to all of your data. To find out more about the Sign-up feature learn more here.
Here you find the full list of your customers. The list is very powerful and there are a number of actions you can take from this screen alone.
- By clicking on any of the column titles you can adjust the sort and sort order (ascending/descending)
- Try applying some of the filters available on the left. You will notice you can sort users by spend, activity and more.
Hover over a customer and you will see you can select them. Once you select one customer you can continue to select more, you will notice a task bar will appear on the bottom of your screen with some actions.
- Favoriting customers will add a heart icon next to their name, this is helpful to identify customers that are your top performers, or even a temporary marker to help you stay organized.
- Exporting data. You will see this task gives you two options, Customer Email or All Customer Info. If you just wish to export the email address of selected customer(s), the first option is exactly what you want. If you wish to export all of the data you have for each selected customer(s), select All Customer Info.
Try clicking on the customer row, or the arrow at the right of the row. This will bring you to the customer detail page for this customer.
Customer Detail page:
This customer detail page shows a lot of powerful information, lets break it down.
You will notice the menu indicated by the three dots just below the customers name and email. This menu will bring up the same options available from the list view; favorite and export.
Status: This displays generally how often the user interacts with your application
Last Device Used: This will show the last device that user used when interacting with your app.
Birthday: This is your customers Birthday, but you already knew that didn't you?
Shares: This is how many times this customer has shared from within the app.
Facebook, Twitter, and Google: These are the social accounts that your user has linked.
Loyalty Redemptions: Total number of loyalty redemptions this user has completed
Comments: Total number of comments made throughout the app
Revenue: Sum of total orders through food ordering, merchandise, and reservations
Push Notifications Received: Total number of push notifications received
Last Usage: The last time the user was active in your app
Account Created: The date this user created an account in your app.
You will notice on the top right of the Customers page there is an 'Add Integration' button. This allows you to sync your third-party mailing list service to your customer list.
After selecting the service you use and following the simple steps to link them, you can sync the emails you have gathered through your app to this service. Each time you return you will see an upload button showing how many new email addresses you have received.
Changes for the GDPR:
The Customers page has received a few updates with new tools to help you become GDPR compliant.
- Email Marketing Consent identifier: This will only show if the consent popup under the Sign Up option is enabled. This new checkmark showing next to each email address will display green if your customers have consented to the email marketing option in the consent popup. You can also clearly identify this via the hover state. Email address who have not consented will no longer sync to your third party mailing list services as an added convenience to you.
- We have added a new export option that will provide all personal data. This is how you can fulfill any ‘right of portability’ requests. The export may take some time so please be patient.
- We have included a delete option to the customers page. This allows you to fulfill any ‘right to be forgotten’ requests. Keep in mind that this action absolutely cannot be undone. Once a user is deleted from here all of its data will completely vanish from existence.