The News feature is an excellent way of keeping users updated with the latest industry, social or business news, which is perfect for these industries:
1. Google News and Twitter posts are aggregated into the feed based on the keywords that you provide. This article provides the steps on how to add the News feature and how to configure the Newsfeed.
2. In the search bar, type
News. Click the News feature from the results and click the Select button:
3. Customize the name of the feature and click the Add button. The new feature will appear in the left side menu.
4. Click your newly-created feature to add content and other customizations:
News Feature Tabs
On your News feature's page, there are two tabs that will allow you to add content and customizations:
The Content section allows you to rename the feature, configure your settings, and select your keywords.
Under the Screen Info section, change your Screen/Feature Name or leave it as it is, depending on your preference. Your chosen feature's name will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g., In the News, News, etc.):
2. Choose between the Custom News or Social News option. Toggling the Display Homescreen Ticker switch on will give you the option to display the news ticker at the bottom of the app's home screen:
3. The Custom News Ticker will give you the option to create an unlimited number of Headlines.
You can link each headline with either a feature or a nested feature of the app (identical to the animated images). You may also link a headline with a unique URL, which does not have to be an existing website feature.
Each headline will also have a Description field (optional and limited in size), which will allow you to write more details.
4. The Social News Ticker gives you the option to add keywords for each news source. Adding more keywords narrows your search. To obtain optimal results, limit your keywords to one to three keywords (e.g., Italian restaurant, San Francisco).
5. Click the Save button at the top-right corner of the page.