Premium Add-On Features-not included in base packages.
- Increase daily customers by adding an easy-to-use food ordering tool that makes delivery, take out, and dining in extremely convenient. You can also use the Coupon, Loyalty Tabs and PUSH notifications for special promotions.
Navigate to Edit > Build to begin the setup process, then follow the steps below.
1. Click ADD FEATURE.
2. Choose the Food Ordering feature from the menu, then click SELECT.
3. Name your feature, then click ADD. Your new feature will now appear in the left-side menu.
4. Click on the feature to expand its menu. From the left-side menu you can:
- use the checkbox to delete the feature.
- click and drag the arrow icon to rearrange.
- edit the feature icon by clicking it, then selecting a new image from the fly-up menu.
- toggle on/off the feature.
- jump to a specific section (i.e. Content or Custom Design) to adjust the feature settings.
Here you can rename the feature, add restaurant information, update payment options, and customize the menu.
1. Under Screen Info, change your Screen/Feature Name or leave as-is. This is the name that will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g. "Menu" as opposed to "Food Ordering").
2. Under Ordering Services, click Locations, then ADD LOCATION. Repeat this process for each Location.
- Custom Time Zone: Enable to use the Global Time Zone located in your Settings area instead of a custom time zone. When disabled, use the drop-down menu to select the appropriate time zone.
- Service Hours: Select each location's operating hours. Turn on the toggle to indicate that the location is open on a given day. Adjust the time according to your service hours. If there is a break in service during the day, click the plus sign to add additional hours.
- Email: Input a valid email address for this restaurant. When users click the one-touch Email button, this email address will auto-populate in the To field.
- Import Location(s): Import Location from the contact Feature.
- Address Section 1 & Address Section 2: Use these fields to name the location whatever you'd like (e.g. "Mission Location" & "San Francisco"). They'll serve as the top & bottom lines of the location name.
- Address: Search for the address in the “Enter a query” field or enter the coordinates in the Latitude/Longitude fields below. When you use the coordinates option, Google Maps will pull the nearest address.
- Distance Type: Specify whether distance should appear in Kilometers or Miles.
- Click ADD to add the location to the feature.
3. Click Service to select the order types your business accepts and how many days in advance you accept them. Under the Service section you can select the order types your business accepts and how many days in advance you accept them.
- Dine In: Specify if users can preorder food to be eaten in the restaurant. This is only available for same-day service.
- Take Out: Specify if the order is available for pick-up. This is available anywhere from same-day to 6 days in advance.
- Delivery: Specify if the order is available for delivery. This is available anywhere from same-day to 6 days in advance.
- Delivery Address Validation: Disabling this will also disable Delivery Radius.
- Delivery Radius: Specify how far away a user can be to place an order.
- Delivery Minimum: The monetary value that will be added to delivery orders. This can be set as taxable or not.
- Delivery Price Fee: The monetary value added to your delivery to cover the cost of delivery.
- Free Delivery Amount: The minimum order total for free delivery. When this total is met, the delivery fee will automatically disappear. (Enter 0 to always charge the Delivery Fee.)
- Lead Time: The average amount of time it takes for an order to be prepared. This gives users a more accurate estimate and avoids rush orders. The Lead Time calculation works as follows (example uses 15-min. Lead Time):
- Opening time of 10 AM = first available "ready" time of 10:15 AM.
- If user chooses "ASAP," the system will take the current time and round up to the nearest 5 minutes, then add the Lead Time:
- Current time is 11:12 > rounds to 11:15 = first available "ready" time of 11:30.
Note: This buffer gives the user a more accurate "ready" time by allotting a few. .extra minutes for them to actually place the order through the app.
- Convenience Fee: Fee charged, toggle on if you would like to make this fee taxable.
4. Click Payment to enable a cash option and set up Braintree.
- If you would like to set up Braintree,see here for more info.
- Toggle on and off Cash and Tipping capability.
- Click ADD NEW TAX AMOUNT to set a tax rate.
Note: You can Enable/Disable a built-in tip feature (10%, 15% & 20% are the only options) that lets your users automatically add a tip amount to their order. Just toggle the Tips feature on.
5. Click Menu, then ADD NEW CATEGORY to start building the menu
- Choose a Category name (for example "Entrees" or "Salads").
- Choose an image from our library or add your own in Your Images.
- Click ADD to save the category.
6. Under menu, select ADD NEW ITEM.
- Select Details to edit item details.
- Select Customize to add pricing for sizes and add-ons
- Item sizes: Set different prices for small vs. large meals
- Item options: Add additional items (for example, "extra cheese").
- Select Availability to edit the items availability based on locations and time of day.
- Click ADD.
7. Click Emails to add an admin email address and customize the Confirmation email.
8. Click Extras to connect a Google Cloud printer and preview the Web Widget.
9. Click SAVE at the top right when you're done.
The user and the customer will receive an email with the order details.
- They can remove one by swiping left across that order.
- They can re-order the same things (depending on availability, time, etc.) by clicking a previous order then selecting "Reorder."
Leaving Location Prompt
Time & Availability
- Time zones are ignored. The user is assumed to be in the same time zone as the business.
- Menu items can be location-specific. You can pick one, multiple or all locations when adding items.
- Menu items can have specific available times (think Breakfast Menu).
- GPS coordinates will be required for each location.
- You can Enable/Disable Order Types.
- Dine-in is for same-day only.
- Takeout & Delivery can be offered anywhere from same-day to 6 days in advance.
The redesigned shopping cart offers a much better UI, with logic enhancements and new capabilities that make ordering easy as pie (and sometimes ordering pie easy as pie).
Shopping Cart Page
- Item quantity can be adjusted here. When the user sets an item quantity to zero, a prompt will ask them if they wish to remove the item from their cart.
- Tip (if enabled) percentage can be selected. Tapping the tip percentage a second time will deselect it.
- There is a summary of the order type and selected time.
- Cash and Card can be accepted (depending on your back-end settings):
- Cash: User enters the necessary information and checks out.
- User enters necessary information. The app will then navigate to the Braintree checkout window.
- If enabled through Braintree, the purchase through PayPal button is also available.
- The card information is entered and additional validation (if required by business) is supplied.
The user will see slight differences on the checkout page depending on which order option they've selected (Dine in, Takeout, or Delivery). We've also updated the back-end orders page to make it a bit more search-friendly.
Dine in and Takeout
- The Address field uses a map search that requires a valid delivery address. This is necessary for the app to determine whether or not the address is within the dictated delivery radius.
- The Address page stores user's favorite addresses. The user can give each location a nickname, and these nicknames appear on the cart page so they can quickly select their desired delivery location.