The Email Form feature is a great solution for generating customer feedback, taking appointment/reservation requests, sign E-Signature contracts, order forms, employment applications, quotes, gift cards, personal trainer sign-up forms and gathering info from users in general. You can select from field options, adapt existing options to meet your needs, and customize the design of the form to create your perfect submission form.
- If you offer custom-priced services or products that aren't well suited to the Merchandise feature, the Email Form feature can act as an interest or request form.
- Consider running contests or sweepstakes through the app that require the user to submit something through the Email Form feature.
Navigate to Edit > Build to begin the setup process, then follow the steps below.
1. Click ADD FEATURE.
2. Choose the Email Form feature from the menu, then click SELECT.
3. Name your feature, then click ADD. Your new feature will now appear in the left-side menu.
4. Click on the feature to expand its menu. From the left-side menu you can:
- use the checkbox to delete the feature.
- click and drag the arrow icon to rearrange.
- edit the feature icon by clicking it, then selecting a new image from the fly-up menu.
- toggle on/off the feature.
- jump to a specific section (i.e. Content or Custom Design) to adjust the feature settings.
1. Under Screen Info, change your Screen/Feature Name or leave as-is. This is the name that will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g. "Feedback" as opposed to "Email Form").
2. Under Custom Form, click ADD CUSTOM FORM.
3. A pop-up editing window will appear. Start by completing the Add a Field section, where you can drag and drop your desired fields from the left-side menu onto your form on the right. Continue adding fields until you're satisfied.
4. You can remove a field by clicking the trash can icon at its bottom right.
5. Customize each field's settings by clicking it from the left-side preview, or navigating to the Field Properties section. Different fields will have different properties to complete, so be sure to customize the settings for each one. (See examples below.)
- Field Label: Give the field a name.
- Field Size: Set the width of the input field to small, medium, or large.
- Required: Check this box if you want to make this field mandatory. If checked, users will not be able to submit the form without completing it.
- Guidelines for User: Provide field-specific instructions for the user. This will appear next to the field when they select it.
- Choices: List the choices users can select from. (This property applies to the Checkboxes, Multiple Choices, and Drop Down fields.)
- Format: Select the appropriate time, phone number, or currency format. (This property applies to the Time, Phone, and Price fields.)
6. Customize the form's main settings in the Form Properties section. Complete the fields below.
- Send To:Specify the email address you'd like user submissions sent to.
- Email Subject:Select a subject name for user submission emails (e.g. "User Feedback").
- Form Title: Name your form. This will appear in the feature's list view.
- Description: Describe the purpose of this submission form for your users. Be specific! For example, “We love to hear from our customers. Please fill out this form if you have any valuable feedback about our services."
- Success Message: This is what users will see after they complete & submit the form.
- Error Message: This is what users will see if they try to submit without completing all required fields.
- Submit Button Label:This text will appear on the submission button.
- Back Button Label:This text will appear on the back button.
7. After you've completed the properties for each field, navigate to the Theme section . This is where you'll customize your form's design. Adjust the color, font, and border settings of your form here. Use the preview on the right to check out your changes.
8. Begin with the Color section. Select colors for each aspect of your form.
- Font: Select fonts for your form's text.
- Border:Adjust the color and width of the border that appears between sections.
9. If you'd like create a custom design for this feature instead of using the Global Design, you'll do so here. Skip over this section if not.
10. You're finished with your form! Now you can return back to the feature to preview your form. Remember, submissions will also be sent to the email address you input in the Field Properties section.